The perfect sweet bite for a healthy dessert.
I don’t know if I told you, but I made myself a promise.
Not to gain any holiday weight.
Yup, there…now it’s for-real.
Every winter I put on some extra hibernating weight but not this year, nope. I’m not going to do it.
Even before Halloween, I made a commitment to eat healthy – no added sugar, gluten free, whole foods. This can be tricky because even though I’m going gluten free, doesn’t mean I’m protected from the extra weight. Ya feel me? And my sweet tooth, oh, more like sweet teeth have a hard time resisting things like apple pie, but I’m going to do it, because I know I can.
Our family is big on eating balls, I mean bites. Whatever you want to call them, they are always darn good. This holiday season I’m foregoing our traditional pies and bringing something healthier to the table, sweet apple bites.
Filled with heart healthy walnuts, cinnamon apples and sweet dates, this is perfect for a sweet craving.
Walnuts are filled with powerful antioxidants and can also help control weight. According to The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, a study found that “Compared with control diets, diets enriched with nuts did not increase body weight, body mass index, or waist circumference in controlled clinical trials.”
So don’t weight (teheh) grab a healthy bite to eat instead of adding on the pounds this year.
These bites will totally satisfy your sweet tooth craving and are beyond delicious. The hardest part is saving them until dessert time. Once my kids find out I made more bites, they are gone well…within bites!
Want to lighten up the holiday’s even more? Try these guilt-free recipes from our #SundaySupper team!
- Lightened Up Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
- Low Calorie Pumpkin Pie Milkshake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Appetizer or starter
- Gruyere Cheese Puffs by Sustainable Dad
- Lighten-up Sausage Rolls by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sweet Apple Bites by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Lightened Up Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Spicy Eggplant Dip by Cooking Chat
- Carciofi alla Trapanese by Manu’s Menu
- Fresh Salmon Carpaccio by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole by Having Fun Saving
- Holiday Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and Corn by Family Foodie
- Mini Mushroom Shepherd’s Pies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Grandma’s Mac n’ Cheese by What Smells So Good?
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger Soup by The Foodie Army Wife
- Turkey Roulade with Mushroom Stuffing and Blueberry Thyme Gravy by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker Roasted Butternut Squash & Chicken Sausage Soup by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Lightened-Up Fettuccine Alfredo by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Brunch with Joy
- Butternut Squash Orzo Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado and Butter Lettuce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Lentil & Mushroom Stuffing by Foxes Love Lemons
- Almond-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli by The Texan New Yorker
- Tangy, Spiced Red Cabbage by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots by Ruffles & Truffles
- Shrimp Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette by eating in instead
- Cranberry Orange Glazed Green Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Turkey and Roasted Cauliflower Stuffed Acorn Squash by annaDishes
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Green Beans with Rosemary Garlic Butter by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mediterranean Lentil Stuffed Delicata Squash by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Leaner Green Beans by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Tri-Colored Carrot Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Greek Village Salad by Peaceful Cooking
- Healthier Potluck Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Farro Stuffing with Cranberries and Walnuts by The Dinner-Mom
- Individual Cheesecakes by Nosh My Way
- Light and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Healthy Brownie Recipe | Applesauce Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Peanut Butter Coconut Mini by BarsBasic N Delicious
- The Blondie Recipe by Wallflour Girl
- Cinnamon Roll Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Skinny Ninja Cheesecake by NinjaBaker.com
- Lightened Oat Flax Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondie #GlutenFree by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz