I waited for a whole twenty minutes. A long twenty minutes (at least in my mind) to take a bite of the melty, ewie-gewieness that I long for in my mouth. I love blue cheese. Almost any cheese really. What’s not to love about something old and moldy? (hehe). So I wait, thinking of how I am going to make my delicious plate. I bought blue cheese – now, what was the next step? When I opened the refrigerator, I saw the bliss staring in my direction. Hello portobello mushrooms! The light came on in this home-chef’s head! A delicious, smothering delight awaits. And for now, I’m still waiting by the oven. Waiting for that ewie-gewiness to be done. What a long twenty minutes it is!
- Two portobello mushrooms, gills removed
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- blue cheese (as much or as little as you like)
- 1 Roma tomato
- handful of arugula
- 1 Tbs. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Recipe as follows:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Prepare a baking pan with aluminium foil or use stoneware (I always love using stoneware!)
3. Clean out those beautiful portobello mushrooms by removing the gills with a spoon. It may look nasty, but somebody’s gotta do it!
Easy and painless!
4. Place these beautiful, meaty mushrooms on a baking pan
5. Make the oil mix! Mix rosemary, garlic and oil into a bowl.
6. Liberally, spread the oil mix all in and around the portobello mushrooms! YUMSSSSSSSSSSSS!
(Those babies should look something lika this when covered)
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Ding! Pull out of oven and stuff them! They are begging to be stuffed! Fill them with blue cheese (as much as you want), then add a slice of tomato on top!
9. Bake in the oven for five more minutes – yup, the waiting game is on….
10. Meanwhile, as you’re sniffing the melted cheese (ahhh!!!!) toast walnuts over medium heat until fragrant.
*Stir frequently, making sure not to burn them!*
Really? Is it here? Is the wait FINALLY over? YESSSSSS!!!!
11. Place some arugula on a plate and top with portobello mushroom followed by walnuts and freshly grated Parmesan cheese! Wowza!
THE BEST PART IS YET TO COME! When you cut into this delicious site, all the cheese comes pouring, melting all over your salad! No dressing. Just the love of cheese!
Now, I can finally relax. Shew. Twenty minutes was a long wait…..
Need something to read while you dive into this salad? Get the low down on how to travel safely with your pets.
This post was sponsored by:
Call them for their latest specials! (888) 311-7452