Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes #SundaySupper
I have once again, noticed a change in my life. Life is always changing but at this stage, it has become very busy. Busy with the kids running back and forth, busy with planning homeschooling activities, gymnastics, Sunday school, taking care of family and friends, cleaning house and whatever else may be thrown at me for the day. The one thing that I have not been busy on is cooking. I don’t seem to have the hour like I did a few months ago, to make homemade meals from scratch. It’s just not in the cards right now.
So when Amy from Kimchi Mom said she was hosting this weeks One-Pot #SundaySupper meals, well I was in. Now, I’m going to share with you my most simplest recipe that I can. I made this last winter and fell in love. During the winter season, I bring out my favorite food items: potatoes, any kind of meat, beans and frozen vegetables. This recipe has three of the four so I make it often during the cold weather.
I also like this recipe because it doesn’t use a crock pot. Not everyone has a crock pot but surely everyone has a pot right? It’s also quite tasty and healthy. Yes, I said healthy. It’s a very easy meat and potatoes kind of recipe.
- 1/4 to 1/2 Old Bay Seasoning
- 2-3 cups full of redskin potatoes
- pre-cooked meat (I use a package of spiced chorizo)
- 16 oz frozen veggy (I used corn)
- Bring a large pot of water with Old Bay Seasoning to a boil
- Add potatoes and simmer for 8 minutes
- Add precooked meat and vegetables and cook for 8 more
This is truly, your no frills easy meal. But the meat and potatoes make it quite comforting.
To be very honest (it might be the wine talking now…just kidding!) I made this dish last year and can’t recall if I used chorizo or really what kind of meat is in that picture. (shhhh!!!) I would think it’s the pre-cooked chorizo but it could also be Italian sausage too. Yup, any kind will do! But that’s our little secret.
Please sit back and relax while our #SundaySupper team makes the rest of your dinners a one-pot breeze:
“Take the chill off” Chilis, Soups, and Starters
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Eggplant Parmesan Soup by The Texan New Yorker
- Cream of Tomato and Tortellini Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Korean-Style Short Rib Soup (slow cooker) by I Run For Wine
- Chicken Corn Chowder by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup by Neighborfood
- Lasagna Soup by The ROXX Box
- Beefy Skillet Nacho Bake by The Weekend Gourmet
- German Onion Soup by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- White Bean and Spinach Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang) by kimchi MOM
- Fall Squash Chili by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
“Put meat on your bones” Stews
- Brew Stewed Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Dr. Pepper Shredded Chicken (slow cooker) by girlichef
- Pepper Beef Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Red Wine, Carrots and Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fabulous French Cassoulet by Webicurean
- Slowcooker Coq Au Vin by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Claypot Braised Tofu by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Moroccan Lentil Ragout with Poached Eggs by The Wimpy Vegetarian
“Make room for seconds” Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken and Dumplings by Hip Foodie Mom
- Spicy Tomato Pasta by Supper for a Steal
- Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole by The Urban Mrs.
- Carnitas with Queso Fresco Enchiladas by Casa de Crews
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Pork Chops and Veggies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Jambalaya by Country Girl in the Village
- Easy Oven Sweet & Sour Chicken by Momma’s Meal
- Asian Chicken Rice Pot by A distinguished palate
- Quick One Pot Red Beans and Rice by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Stir Fry by Foxes Love Lemons
- One-Pot Lentil Chicken by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Beef and Quince Tajine by MarocMama
- Slow-Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sunday Supper Pork and Chorizo by Family Foodie
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Crockpot Roasted Corn, Tomato and Broccoli Risotto by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quick ‘n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Pan-fried Chicken with Bacon and Asparagus by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Chipotle Tamale Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Sausage and Noodle Pesto by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pot Coconut Rice Shrimp Pilaf by Sue’s Nutrition Buzzz
- One Pot Spicy Pasta by Mess Makes Food
“Can’t say no” Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Busy-Day S’mores Cake by Treats & Trinkets
- Mascarpone Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Microwave by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Spice Apple Crisp by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here ? Sunday Supper Movement.