Vegetarian Stir Fry over Rice #WeekdaySupper
Late nights at work and school is back in session. Running errands, taking the children to activities, sports, piano, the tutor can make for some very busy evenings. The last thing you have on your mind is dinner! Don’t worry, we have you covered! The same awesome Sunday Supper crew also brings to you Weekday Supper. This week, Curious Cuisiniere, Alida’s Kitchen, Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, girlichef and of course, Mama’s Blissful Bites, are cooking up some quick and easy dinner ideas to give you a worry free dinner. Be sure to see the menu at the bottom!
When I’m short on time, I go for a meal that is quick yet still healthy. This is one of my family favorites.
To make this an even easier meal, I have some short cuts for you:
- Cutting veggies can be time consuming. Instead of spending time on prep work, purchase packaged, pre-cut vegetables found in the vegetable section of the grocery store.
- Good quality rice can take from 30-45 minutes to cook, for those nights tight on time, purchase 10 minute cooking rice
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs tamari sauce (don't have? use soy sauce)
- 1 onion: sliced
- 2 inches of ginger: minced
- 3 carrots: peeled and Julienne
- 1 green pepper: thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas: rinsed
- Cook rice according to directions on package
- In a wok or a big saucepan, add oil and tamari sauce over medium high heat
- Once it starts to simmer, lower heat and add onion and ginger
- Add rest of vegetables and stir occasionally for 5 minutes
- Mix vegetables and rice together for an easy meal
Ultimately, you can add whatever vegetables you have on hand (or are going bad) to alternate flavor for this meal. When my husband isn’t home, I add mushrooms. They are my favorite!
If you want to add protein, throw some peanuts into the wok or add beans or chickpeas. The options are endless!
Be sure to check out the other great dinner meals for this week’s #WeekdaySupper:
Monday - Curious Cuisiniere - Ratatouille Pasta
Tuesday - Mama’s Blissful Bites - Vegetarian Stir Fry over Rice
Wednesday - Alida’s Kitchen - Baked Pumpkin Pasta
Thursday - Cindy’s Recipes and Writings - Chicken and Rice Pie
Friday - girlichef - Buttermilk Chicken Kebabs w/ Chopped Salad