Sara Moulton: A Summer Salad from Paris #SundaySupper
This week, the #SundaySupper team is featuring a very special and talented lady, Sara Moulton. (I know, I can’t believe I just wrote it…Sara Moulton. Sara Moulton….SARA MOULTON PEOPLE! Eh eh, excuse me…) I was over the moon to make one of her dishes from her latest cookbook, Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners.
If you are
living under a rock unfamiliar with Sara, let me try to give you a smidgen of her success.
- Sara Co-founded the New York Women’s Culinary Alliance
- Executive chef of Gourtmetmagazine
- Food Editor of ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America”
- Host of many popular shows on the Food Network
- She even worked on public television’s show “Julia Child & More Company.” (Yes I said Julia Child!!!)
She has lots and lots and lots of amazing experiences all over the culinary industry and her dishes are out-of-this-world delicious. (As soon you will see!) I was given a copy of her latest cookbook, Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family dinners, and made an easy and scrumptious salad, A Summer Salad from Paris. It’s so easy and delicious that I actually made it three times this week!
- 2 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes, or 5 plum tomatoes, or 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces lightly salted mozzarella (preferably fresh)
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes 1/3-inch thick and salt them on both sides. Set aside 10 minutes and then gently pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice the mozzarella 1/3-inch thick and cut slices in half if large. Halve, seed, peel, and slice the avocados 1/3-inch thick. Coarsely shred the basil leaves or leave them whole. Layer all the ingredients decoratively on a plate and drizzle liberally with olive oil
When I first received Sara’s cookbook, I literally pulled it out the package and started marking each and every recipe I am going to make. When I was finished, I darn near noticed I marked almost the whole book entirely! I have recipes planned to feed my family for the next month! (This also makes me giddy people! They are recipes that my family will enjoy and love!) Recipes from Turkey Meatballs with Broccoli Pesto & Orzo, Polenta Lasagna, Spicy Roast Pork and SO MUCH MORE. I mean delicious!
I know you are as deeply excited as I am when I first received her book (I can smell it in your breath), so I’m going to give one lucky Mama’s reader Sara Moulton’s cookbook as well. I know…let’s share the love now! (hugs!)
And if it wasn’t enough, Sara is actually going to BE AT THE WINE AND FOOD CONFERENCE! (High five!)
If you should be anywhere on July 19, 2013 it is at the Food and Wine Conference with the #SundaySupper team!
Here, I’ll just help you and give you the rundown to make it easy…
Like the Wine and Food Conference on facebook by clicking here
Tweet with the team by clicking here.
And get all the nitty gritty amazing details by visited them online at: http://foodandwineconference.com/
Check out more of Sara’s delicious recipes – you don’t want to miss them!
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement