Banana Nut Breakfast
This is one of my favorite dishes to eat for breakfast. Go head, shake your head. I know a lot of people prefer the big bacon and egg, sausage, hash brown, toast kind of breakfast, but I enjoy rice! (Did you laugh, because I did!) When I suggest to have a banana nut breakfast to people who are looking for healthier alternatives, the first reaction is the eye roll. I understand, it’s may not be one of the first breakfast ideas you think of, but it’s worth putting it in the breakfast category and trying it. IT IS DELICIOUS!
Why eat brown rice?
- Promotes Weight Loss. Please don’t make me say it again. Breakfast that helps weight loss…okay, let’s continue. Brown rice makes the belly feel fuller so you eat less!
- High in Fiber. The average person on S.A.D (Standard American Diet) does not get enough fiber in their diets! Fortunately, brown rice is high in fiber which also helps with bowel regularity.
- Helps avoid spikes in sugar levels
Why eat bananas?
- Low in calories. How is this breakfast sounding now?
- Contains about 3g of fiber – which can also make you feel fuller
- Contains carbohydrates which makes it perfect for fueling up in the a.m.
Look, I’m not a physician but I have done enough research to know this is a very healthy breakfast! I always use bananas and rice as the base to this recipe. You can also add apples, raisins, nuts or even peanut butter! Change it up and tweak it to your flavor. I add honey for that extra sweet bite. If you prefer agave, go for it! If you are always rushing for time, make rice the night before and store in the fridge.
- 1 cup prepared brown rice
- 1 large banana: sliced
- 1/2 Tbs honey
- dash of cinnamon
- 1. Place prepared rice in your morning bowl
- 2. Add sliced banana
- 3. Add your toppings: honey, pecans and cinnamon!
Please don’t knock it before you try it! If you like the nutty flavor of delicious brown rice, you will love this! Think oatmeal with a twist! Do you have an unusual breakfast recipe? Please share! And try mine while you’re at it