This #SundaySupper is lots of fun! Susan from The Whimpy Vegetarian, has brought this weeks theme, Gifts from the Kitchen! What an amazing idea getting us all pumped up for the holidays! I just love it!
One of my favorite Christmas gifts was in a jar. My stepmom gave me a jar layered with ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies. It was the first time my eyes saw a jarred-gift. I thought it was ridiculously cute. It came with two little scoopers around a tied ribbon with directions. I was just in aww at this wonderful idea. People are so creative, it’s amazing.
With this weeks theme, I wanted to re-create my first gift. But this time, I choose to work with my husbands favorite, peanut butter cookies. I always try to work out something healthy but this was a push and shove. It’s just not, however; it taste fabulous. The sea salt gives it that salty flavor with the creamy peanut butter sweetness. My son kept snatching them from the “cooling” station and my husband would chase him down. He had way too many.
PS. I know some of you may notice, but I forgot to add my brown sugar in the jar – it’s actually more in there and higher if filled properly (smack on face ;))
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
Step 1: Mix in a bowl first seven ingredients. If giving as a gift. Stop here and place direction on jar.
Step 2: Cream peanut butter and butter together until smooth, five minutes.
Step 3: Add vanilla and egg and beat thirty seconds more.
Step 4: Add the dry ingredients from the jar into the mixing bowl and mix until combined.
Step 5: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 6: Form dough into small balls for cookies. Take a fork and make a criss-cross pattern for the signature peanut butter cookie look
Step 7: Bake 15-17 minutes. I have to be honest, watch your timing because I used stoneware so my cookies wouldn’t brown and be softer. If using a metal pan, consider less time.
Be sure to check out more Gifts from the Kitchen!
Breads / Breakfast
- Pumpkin Biscoff Bread – Dinners, Dishes, and Dessert
- All-in-One Beer Bread Kit – girlichef
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting – La Cocina de Leslie
- Banana Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel – The Lovely Pantry
- Pancake Mix With Apple Cider Syrup and Candied Walnuts – Tora’s Real Food
- Cranberry Hootycreeks – Baker Street
Condiments / Ingredients
- Apple Butter – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Strawberry Jam – The Meltaways
- Herb Vinegars – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Harissa – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – Flour on my Face
- Homemade Cherry Extract – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Nutella Powder – I Run For Wine
- Orange BBQ Sauce – Midlife Road Trip
- Apricot Pineapple Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Spiced Cranberry Apricot Almond Chutney – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pumpkin Butter – Family Foodie
Soup and Snacks
- A Soup For You – Momma’s Meals
- Maple Nut Granola – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spicy Dill Pickles – Sustainable Dad
- Sweet and Spicy Curried Nuts – Soni’s Food for Thought
- Roasted Spiced Nuts – Mrs Mama Hen
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans – Supper For a Steal
- Maple Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Orange Spiced Chickpeas – Home Cooking Memories
- Turtle Pretzels – The Messy Baker
- Rocky Road Candy – Magnolia Days
- Dairyfree Vegan Caramels – Galactosemia in PDX
- Peanut Butter Cookies in a Jar – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Cookies in a Jar – Damn Delicious
- Monster Cookie Mix in a Jar – What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti – Meal Planning Magic
- Snickerdoodle Snack Mix – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Peppermint Stick Cookie Truffles – The Weekend Gourmet
- Nutella Truffles – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Cajetas (Peanut Fudge) – Basic and Delicious
- Cookie Cutter Fudge – Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Roll – Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Chocolates – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Toffee “Crack” – Ruffles and Truffles
- Holiday Tree Cake – Noshing with the Nolands
- Salted Caramel Cookies – Mama Mommy Mom
- Fruit and Nut Cookies – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Applepie Moonshine – My Catholic Kitchen
- Holiday Spiced Mocha – Daily Dish Recipes
- Holiday “Spirits” and Some Bottles to Boot – Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha Mix – In the Kitchen with KP
- Homemade Kahlua – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- StoliDolskis – The Cookie-A-Day Challenge
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on November 11. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your own posts for Gifts From the Kitchen on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.