Day 5 of 21 – Juicing Challenge – Apple, Celery, Carrots, Blueberries
Right, so day 5 it happened. I put all this lovely conjunction into my juicer and it tasted like….well, let’s just say it wasn’t my favorite. I don’t want to scare you and frighten you away but I have a taste issue with celery. I didn’t know I had it before, (probably cause I never juiced!) but in this combo, it reminded me of drinking a celery stalk and I just wasn’t a big fan. Did I gulp it down? YES I DID. In fact I did it with a smile because I knew I was feeding myself healthy foods. That’s right folks, I’m not letting myself down in this challenge!
Here’s the ingredient list:
- 2 apples, chopped
- 3 celery stalks (my daughter found a stalk filled with leaves and smelled it…said it was a pretty flower. That made my morning!)
- 2 carrots
- 4 oz blueberries
I have mentioned why all these ingredients are wonderful for your body, if you haven’t seen them, please look over Day 1-4. Let’s talk about the new ingredients added to the list, it’s celery. What are your thoughts on celery? I buy it all the time but never use it unless I make a soup or chili. I do tend to lean towards those dishes in the colder seasons so I will be using all my celery this time around! I used to eat it as a “snack” when I was on weightwatchers but that’s about it. Is it something that you eat regularly? Do you enjoy it? I hate when I pull it and strands get stuck in my teeth…but maybe that’s just me?
Of course celery is good for the body, if I can just ignore my teeth issue! Some amazing properties about the little green machine are the following:
- Contains high levels of vitamin C which help our immune system – and who wouldn’t want that?! With the cold weather settling in and colds/viruses a float in our air – we need to stay strong. So buckle up on a nice celery stick snack – add humus for extra bonus!
- May help lower blood pressure as well as cholesterol due to the pthalides
- It has very few calories which will help you with your weight and a lot of fiber to make you feel full. It’s actually one of the most hydrating foods because it’s filled with so much water!
- It also equalizes our alkaline which is crucial for optimum health!
- Anti-inflammatory for arthritis!
And it is said to also balance sex drive….so why not go find yourself some celery? With these benefits, you don’t want to be without!
So like I said, it does taste a little celery-ish however I would be willing to adapt my tongue to the taste for all these benefits. It may just need some time to get used to….guess I’ll just have to try some more celery juices! What’s your favorite?