Day 2 of 21 Juicing Challenge – Spinach and Apples
Okay, let’s be honest. Does it sound good? Spinach and apples? I know I like a spinach salad (my favorite) with walnut, apples, raisins on top…but as a drink? I have to take this seriously. I am trying my best to turn over a new leaf, get it? I’ll be turning over my spinach leaf soon! So I was skeptical but I like to try new things. Healthy things. Things that are good for my body – so I did.
- 3-4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 apples
Make according to juicing instructions.
Popeye the Sailorman, who may I add, lived in a garbage can….got big strong muscles from spinach, did he not? Wonder why they started this great advertisement of spinach. I couldn’t find the answer, but they were on to something!
The properties and benefits of spinach (are you ready for this?!)
- nutritient-dense food – meaning rich in nutrients without a lot of calories..holla!
- high in minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients
- source of vitamins K, A, C, B2, B6
- how about calcium, magnesium, folate, iron
- lots of flavonoids which act as antioxidants
- heart healthy
- anti-inflammatory properties
- protect against eye diseases
- help your brain be young and funciton
- excellent source of iron
Really, you need to eat your spinach. Again, it’s absolutely my favorite!
Cheers to Day 2! Are you juicing? Do you juice? What are your favorite recipes? If you feel compelled, please join me in this journey and we can juice together! What is your favorite juice? Facebook me at https://www.facebook.com/mamapoolecooks and let’s talk or feel free to leave a comment below.