If you haven’t read it on my blog posts or on my facebook but a million times, I look forward to spending my Sunday with the #SundaySupper group. I truly do. It’s an amazing group of bloggers who support, connect, share and chat with each other. We are like cyber-family. A new version of The Jetsons if you will.
I am honored to have been asked by Isabel Foodie, Founder of #SundaySupper, to host this weeks #SundaySupper. She can be found at www.familyfoodie.com I have to say, when your family asks you to do something you do it!
This week our theme is Dishes in 5 Ingredients or less. As a busy mother of two children (ages 3 and 2), finding dinner in a snap can be difficult. There are many nights I do not have the time to prepare a complex meal or I only have few ingredients on hand. Since I am a stay-at-home mom, our family works under one income which also means a weekly meal budget. This theme is intended to give ideas and recipes to anyone looking for a simple yet delicious meal. Not only can you prepare a dinner in few ingredients you can also prepare breakfast and even desserts! Our group is amazing as I have said yet again. I was blown away by the desserts that were made. Be sure to also check out Martin’s post on “Five Most Food Friendly Wines.” Yes, I’ll have a drink to that!
Please put on your spacesuit, as I have mine on every Sunday. (Personally, I like to be Judy Jetson but we’ll keep that under wraps ;)) I hope you’re blown away with this weeks recipe, Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce.
- 1 pound lumachine or any kind of small noodles works well such as elbow
- 8 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion: chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of light cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1: Cook pasta according to instructions
Step 2: Cook the onion and sun-dried tomatoes in a frying pan over low heat for 5-7 minutes. (The oil in the sun-dried tomatoes gives you a “fat” to work with)
Step 3: Add freshly grated Parmesan
Step 4: Drain the pasta and add it to the tomato mixture. Stir to combine.
By having few ingredients, you can really enjoy the simplicity and flavors that shine through. Dishes can be made with very little and still have a big flavor. Please enjoy more Dishes in 5 Ingredients or Less by our AMAZING (again…I know) #SundaySupper group. Thank you for allowing me to be your host!
If you would like to CHAT with us personally….Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your easy go to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog