#SundaySupper Stuffed Cheese Jalapenos w a Tequila Sunrise
It’s fiesta time around the #SundaySupper table! In honor of Día de Independencia in Mexico, we are celebrating by bringing our favorite Mexican and Mexican-inspired dishes to the party! After all this eating, I’m going to need a siesta!
When my husband and I got married, we spent our honeymoon in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. It is absolutely gorgeous. Please visit there.
Even our room was beautiful
And of course, the food was outstanding!
And on our tour, I fell in love with the Tequila Sunrise at the Tequila Factor.
How could you NOT LOVE the tequila factor? It actually got me into trouble
Soon , I became quite the tequila expert.
We even got a tour of the tortilla factory!
To be honest, I don’t remember much of that week. Just lots of drinks and of course my bartender, Benny!
We did love Benny.
From Mexico, I bring back to you my Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos and Tequila Sunrises. I know this will be a scoring winner! We munched a lot and this was one of my favorite appetizers.
They are not too spicy and the title may imply. Once they cool down, it’s like eating a chip….a slightly hot one. Not too much heat in this dish!
- 8-10 jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 scallions: chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon woreshire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, or any kind you like
- 2 Tbs plain breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil
3. Cut jalapenos length wise and clean out seeds. Be careful not to touch your eyes, use gloves!
4. In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients except for the breadcrumbs
5. Put mixture inside jalapenos and top sprinkle with breadcrumbs
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Wait for them to cool down to serve!
Please try, they rock. Now in addition to the Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos, I’m going all out because this girl knows how to make a mean Tequila Sunrise. Nothing tricky, just the norm but it’s sooooo goooood!
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 dashes of grenadine
- orange juice
1. Pour tequila in a glass
2. Add orange juice. Stir
3. On the side, pour a dash of grenadine. It should come back to the top
Thank you for letting me bring my dishes to the fiesta! I know we had a BLAST in Mexico.
Hey, just because we’re gone, doesn’t meant the party is! Be sure to check out some more fantastic #SundaySupper dishes! Fiesta! Fiesta!
Sopas (Soups), Ensaladas (Salads), and Entremeses (Starters)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Mexican Paint Soup – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Jalapeño Popper Dip - Chocolate Moosey
- Vegan Tortilla Soup - Galactosemia in PDX
- Texas Caviar – Ruffles and Truffles
- Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños w/ a Tequila Sunrise – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Mini Taco Salads - Big Bear’s Wife
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip & Chips – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Stoplight Salsa Reisipe - Family Foodie
- Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables - Diabetic Foodie
La Comida (the food)
- Tamales – A Family Tradition – Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Fiesta in La Boca Enchiladas (Chicken & White Bean Enchiladas w/ Salsa Verde) – The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Enmoladas (Chicken Mole Enchiladas) - The Meltaways
- Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Artichoke Enchiladas for #SundaySupper – Cooking Underwriter
- Mexican Fiesta for #SundaySupper: Chipotle Chicken & 3 Bean Quesadillas w/ Wasabi Guacamole and Mango Salsa – Chattering Kitchen
- Quick and Easy Fiesta Rice – Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Carnitas – My Catholic Kitchen
- Tamale Pie - Noshing with the Nolands
- Eggs Motuleños - The Meltaways
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Carne Asada – Magnolia Days
- Carnitas Avocado Pizza with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise Drizzle – Damn Delicious
- Frijoles Charros (Cowboy Beans) - La Cocina de Leslie
- Puerco Pibil - girlichef
- BLT Quesadillas with Avocado Mayo – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chile Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Sauce - Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tamales with Green Chili Sauce – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Beef and Vegetable Enchiladas - Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Con Queso – Momma’s Meals
- Baked Flautas – Home Cooking Memories
- Chunky Aztec Chocolate Granola – What Smells So Good?
- Street Tacos Al Pastor – Sustainable Dad
- Shrimp Tacos - Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chiles Rellenos with Ranchero Sauce – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Zippy Chipotle Shrimp & Mango Tostadas – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pork Tacos – Tora’s Real Food
- Stuffed Sopapillas - Juanita’s Cocina
- Chicken Fajitas – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Blue Crab Tacos - Pescetarian Journal
- Huevos Rancheros – Comfy Cuisine
- Chocolate Cinnamon Flan – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Caramel Apple Enchiladas for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – In the Kitchen with KP
- Chilli Chocolate Truffles – Happy Baking Days
- Horchata Ice Cream & Churro Brownies - Kwistin’s Favorites
- Empanadas – In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maureen
- Plantain Fritters – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Fried Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas – The Watering Mouth
- Beer Margaritas – That Skinny Chick can bake
- Hatch Chile Margarita – Shockingly Delicious
- Skinny & Spicy Watermelon Margaritas – I Run for Wine
- Refreshing Kiwi Lime Margarita – Mama Mommy Mom
- Wine Pairings for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper - ENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day (this coming Sunday, September 16) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite recipes for a Mexican Fiesta! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your Mexican Fiesta recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!