If you’re looking to add some va-voom! bang! kazzam! kind of dish to your Labor Day weekend, please look no further! No lie, we ate this dish for three days. I can’t even believe I went over the two-day throw out rule! It’s FANTASTIC and delicious. Not only am I serving it at our Labor Day Cookout, I’m serving it monthly at our table!
A flavorful blend of the summer is right here in this dish! What is a better way to close out the season than adding summertime tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella cheese to a shrimp and pasta with a mozzarella cheese sauce? NOTHING! I even hid a portion in a container in the fridge so hubby wouldn’t find! Shhh….(that was day three!)
Please, let me not wait to share this with you. It’s super good!
- 1 box (16 oz) medium pasta shells
- 1 bag frozen shrimp: deveined, cleaned and thawed according to directions
- 3 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tomatoes: sliced
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella ball
- 3 Tbs fresh basil: Chopped
Recipe as follows:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13×9 casserole dish.
2. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Defrost frozen shrimp according to instructions on package.
To make cheese sauce:
4. Melt butter over medium heat being careful not to burn the butter.
5. Take off heat and add flour. Mix until smooth.
6. Slowly add milk and return to medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens.
7. Add cheese. Season with salt and pepper
8. In a large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp and cheese sauce.
9. Pour mixture into 13×9 pan
10. Top with tomato slices, basil and chunks of fresh mozzarella cheese. (OH MY!) Add a little bit more pepper if you like. I did, I love pepper!
11. Bake for 30-40 minutes until all the cheese is ewie gewie and melty yumminess!
Enjoy and serve!
This is a MUST MAKE DISH! The flavors combine wonderfully. A great way to end our summer and look forward to a beautiful Fall. Happy Labor Day!
Be sure to check out more dishes as our Labor Day Cookout with #SundaySupper continues!
Labor Day Cookout Recipes:
Starters & Snacks
- Lobster Salad with Avocado, Corn and Tomatoes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Spread by Magnolia Days
- Toast Topper #8: Tomato Confit for #SundaySupper by Yummy Smells
- Honey BBQ Wings and Cool Ranch by Big Bears Wife
- Finger Lickin’ Chicken Drumettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Baked Shrimp and Pasta Caprese by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Korean chili by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Newfangled Cowtown White Chicken Chili by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Kimchi Mom
- Smoked Pork Butt (A How-To) from Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs by The Messy Baker Blog
- Stuffed Green Chili con Queso Cheeseburger Sliders by Damn Delicious
- Adana kebab by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Portabello Paninis by The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Bloody Mary Skirt Steak by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Tuna and Roasted Pepper Packets by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Mint Marinated Beef Kabobs with Garlic Sauce by Sustainable Dad
- Creamy Latin Style Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Portuguese Style Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Aromatic Glazed Salmon by Happy Baking Days
- Pork sliders by Basic ‘N Delicious
- Foil Packet Chicken by In the Kitchen with Audrey
Salads & Sides
- Mom’s Savory Pork’n’Beans by Webicurean
- Ranch Potato Salad by My Catholic Kitchen
- Gluten Free Penne hot salad with basil, asparagus, cherry tomatoes fresh mozzarella and chicken with a mustard vineagarete for #SundaySupper by Cooking Underwriter
- Southern Surprise Potato Salad by Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- #SundaySupper Marinated Ginger Chicken & Spinach Salad by Kwistin’s Favorites
- Roasted Potato & Corn Salad w/ Bacon by GirliChef
- Vegan Caprese Salad by Galactosemia in PDX
- Picnic Friendly Grilled Vegetable Salad by Mama Mommy Mom
- Smokin Hot Caribbean Spiced Corn-On-The-Cob by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Potato salad with Stilton and bacon by Tora’s Real Food
- Tomato Feta Orzo Salad by Family Foodie
- lightened lemon pound cake by The Meltaways
- Root Beer Float Cupcakes by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cream Squares by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Fresh Mango Pie by La Cocina De Leslie
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Lemon Blondies by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Baker Street
- Strawberry Pie + White Sangria by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Grilled Banana Splits by Diabetic Foodie
- Easy Desserts: Frozen Chocolate Bananas by Home Cooking Memories
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake by Comfy Cuisine
- Blueberry Lemon Whoopie Pies for a Holiday Cookout #SundaySupper by In the Kitchen with KP
- Labor Day Cookout Food And Wine Pairings byENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
We’d also love to feature your Cookout recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!