#SundaySupper – Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Red Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap
I have to share with you my sadness for this is my last post in sharing Katie Workman’s AWESOME cookbook, The Mom 100. Our fantastic #SundaySupper group has been honored to work with Katie and in sharing her recipes and Mom Solutions! I have come to love her cookbook and have spotted it up with clumps of food as I cooked. Katie’s cookbook represents the life of a real mom with real life solutions. It is a must have in your kitchen.
This week, the #SundaySupper group is sharing recipes for the Back to School Mom. I can recall my mom making me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day all throughout elementary school. Let me just say, that is a long five years of PB&J and to be honest, I would always throw them away. What a waste! Please, grab Katie’s cookbook. Sometimes us mom’s have a hard time being creative and coming up with ideas for new lunches. Hey, good news – you don’t have to think anymore! Katie has done it for you! One of her lunch stuck solutions is to make a lunchbox wrap. A wrap you say? YES! You can stuff with almost anything your little one desires!
Katie gives a list of different delicious ideas for wraps. Again mom, no worries, she’s got you covered! One of my favorite wraps that I make quite often is a hummus, cucumber, roasted red pepper and carrot wrap. It’s super super sooo good!
My children again, don’t like the texture of meat and they are of the ages 3 and 2. I have learned through this stage, they are quite selective with their choice of food, but these wraps are a wonderful addition to the lunch week!
You can purchase hummus at the grocery store already pre-made. Saves an extra step if you are pressed on time. I love making different styles of hummus and I always have a can of chickpeas on hand, so I whipped up a quick bowl. I was going to make a regular, plain hummus and throw roasted red peppers on my wrap, but I changed my mind last-minute. I now present to you, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Carrots and Cucumber Wrap.
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas: drained and rinsed
- lemon juice: From 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2-3 Tbs Olive oil
- 3 Tbs roasted red roasted pepper (I used jarred)
- 1 clove garlic: minced
1. Add beans, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until desired consistency
2 Add red pepper and garlic and blend again
Traditional hummus has tahini however my children can tell a difference and prefer not to have it. Include it if your child likes it!
- Carrots: shredded with a vegetable peeler
- Cucumber: Cut into pieces according to your childs age. (Mine are toddlers, so I cut them up pretty small)
- Wrap of choice (They have a fantastic variety at the grocery stores now. I always find mine near the deli section. Regular white wraps to whole-wheat. Try a variety to see what your child loves!)
1. Place hummus on a wrap
2. Build toppings
3. Wrap and put on a plate to serve Or in a lunchbox to go!
I sometimes make these wraps for a snack too – don’t worry, I share…sometimes!
And, did you see that goofy plate? We use them to create fun on their plates. They like to play with their food and I am fine with that as long as they eat it. Why not make meal times fun for everyone
Want to connect with Katie? Yes, I don’t blame you! Here’s how!
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
- Katie’s Blog:
- Link to Amazon for this MUST HAVE COOKBOOK!
Don’t worry moms! We don’t want to leave you with only ONE idea for the school year – Please remember to check out more fantastic recipes from our again…clearing throat…AMAZING #SundaySupper group!
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- BBQ & Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas by Big Bears Wife
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
We will be sharing great family recipes all day and want you to share yours with us! Join us at 7pm ET for our #SundaySupper Chat with Katie Workman. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.