Another great week at Foodie Friends Friday!
*Awards only available to US and Canada Residents
Robyn’s View http://www.robynsviewathome.blogspot.com
Angie at A lil Country Sugar http://alilcountrysugar.blogspot.com/
Michelle at From Calculus to Cupcakes http://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.blogspot.com
Marlys at This and That http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com/
Lois at Walking on Sunshine http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/
Lindsey at Family Food Finds http://www.familyfoodfinds.com
Cindy at Cindys Recipes and Writings http://www.cindysrecipesandwritings.com
Keira at Luscious Delights www.lusciousdelights.blogspot.com.au
Tami at Food Forays http://www.foodforays.com
R Dawn at http://www.spatulasonparade.com
Amber at http://www.mamasblissfulbites.com
Erika at http://www.chefpickykid.com
- A Recipe…and is made and photographed by you
- Not part of a sponsorship/sales/giveaway or other promotions/linky parties
- Linked to a specific page of your recipe, not your homepage
- Please limit your link-ups to 3 per party
- Show some love and link back to my blog and Foodie Friends Friday ( http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com ) on the post of the recipe you are submitting.
* for example: This recipe is featured on “Host Blog Link” and http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com Linky Party)
If you want to be the very best Foodie Friend Ever…
- Grab our button at http://foodiefriendsfriday.comand put it on your page and share Foodie Friends Friday!
- Take some time and check out other submitted links and the blogs of all of our gracious hosts
- Come on over and “like” us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter and Pinterest
Step 3: Come back on Sunday and vote for your favorite recipes by clicking on the star under the recipe. You only get 3 Votes so use them wisely!
***Please note that by linking up your recipe you are agreeing to allow Foodie Friends Friday and any of it’s affiliated websites or publications to use photos/links/recipes for any reprint, republishing and distribution without monetary compensation to you. If photos/recipes are used, proper credit/ linkbacks will be published with them. We just want to share your amazing recipes and spread some foodie <3 !
On to another KID-FRIENDLY VEGGIE HIDING MEAL – BEAN BURRITOS!
Mexican food in my house is a pretty good sell. I love it because the spices can run from mild to smoking hot! It’s entirely up to you. I find it best that children don’t have too many spices because they seem to steer away from bold flavors. Again, you know your family the best! I do know one thing, it is hard to get veggies into my little ones mouths! What is it? The color? The texture? That it’s actually good for you! I feel I have to fight this battle a lot, so this time I have added it to our burritos and disguised it with lots of love from cheese….yet again.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup organic vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 onion: diced
- 1 cup cauliflower: chopped
- 1 carrot: peeled and chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese or shredded sharp cheese
- 8 tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray
3. Place cauliflower and carrot into blender and blend until forms crumbly pieces but not puree
4. In a large saucepan, add olive oil, onion and carrot mixture. Saute for a few minutes.
5. Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
6. Meanwhile, over medium heat place tortilla in a saute pan. Pan fry both sides 1-2 minutes.
7. Place bean mixture in middle of tortilla and fold sides in and wrap over, seams down. Place in prepared baking dish.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tortilla is crispy. Serve with avocado or salsa.
Let’s just say they were all gone by the time I got back to the house. The kids thought it was a regular bean burrito, but they don’t know their mom very well yet! Ha!
Check out other fantastic recipes as well!