Child: Mom! Guess what I forgot to tell you?! Jake’s having a birthday party tomorrow and his mom asked you to bring dessert!
Mom: TOMORROW? (Did he just say tomorrow??)
Child: Yeah, sorry….I forgot! It’s at their house! 2pm!
Normally, at this point mom would rush to the pantry in a panic opening doors, scrambling through shelves, but not THIS mom. Nope, she’s calm. Irritated that she didn’t have advance notice but hey, she has something that will keep her from having heart palpitations, her secret weapon: The Mom 100 Cookbook by Katie Workman!
Mom: (sighs with relief that she has a plan and shakes her head at the million of things her child forgets to mention….) She thinks of how much fun it is to be with friends and creating good times together. The only problem mom has is narrowing down the recipe! Mom already has a kid-approved cookbook, so the choice is up to mom. Which recipe does she want to eat?
Now I’m sure I have told you that our #SundaySupper group is amazing and if you didn’t hear me correctly I did say out-of-this-world amazing and I soooo mean it. This week, our group is featuring Katie Workman’s new book, The Mom 100 Cookbook. It’s every mom’s MUST HAVE cookbook! I’m not saying that because I absolutely love it, have it, made six recipes out of it and its only been less than a week, NOPE! I’m saying it because I truly think EVERY MOM SHOULD HAVE THIS BOOK! (Yes, I did say six!) Lucky me, I have been selected to giveaway some cookbooks! That’s why, I’m giving one to you – my lucky friend. Just keep reading….
Besides the fact that Katie has “solutions for all the cooking-for-kids dilemmas that everyone faces every day” – they are EASY to make, EASY to read, photos everywhere, AND kids will WANT TO EAT! Need I say more about Katie Workman’s book? NO!
Mom chooses a deliciously rich recipe. A sure winner in everyone’s book! It’s simple to make in no time and quickly makes 36 servings. A big party smarty – she has this one in her back pocket!
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus butter for greasing the baking pan (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (see note)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet or milk chocolate chips, or a combination of the two
Recipe to deliciousness:
1. Lightly butter a 9-inch-square baking pan or spray it with nonstick cooking spray (or a nonstick pan).
2. Place the brown sugar, confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and 5 tablespoons of the butter in a medium-sized bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined but still a bit crumbly, about 1 minute (it won’t get totally smooth; that’s okay). Press the peanut butter mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan in a thin layer, about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Place the chocolate and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan over very low heat and melt, stirring frequently until smooth, about 7 minutes. You can also do this in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds or so, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes in all. Let the chocolate mixture cook briefly, then while still hot, using a rubber spatula, gently spread it over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, until the chocolate has firmed up, about 1 hour. Cut into 36 small (roughly 1 1/2 inch) squares.
NOTE: You can either buy graham cracker crumbs or make your own by putting graham crackers into a zipper-top bag and pounding it gently with a rolling pin or the bottom of a pan or a can of beans or anything sturdy with some weight to it. Four graham cracker squares make about 1/4 cup of crumbs.
Mom: Cool as she can be knowing she’s serving enough to feed a crowd! This rich, delectable dessert is a sure winner in my book!
Leave a comment below about what your favorite no fuss Mom recipe is to enter for The Mom 100 Cookbook by Katie Workman! One winner will be notified by email to receive this fantastically informative mom cookbook! Want more chances?
- Follow Mama’s Blissful Bites on Twitter: @mamapoolecooks
- Like Mama’s Blissful Bites at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mamapoolecooks
- Like Mama’s Blissful Bites on Pinterest at: http://pinterest.com/mamapoole/mamas-blissful-bites/
If you already follow Mama’s Blissful Bites on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest please note that in your comments.
Please leave a comment for each entry!
US residents only – no P.O boxes
****That’s four ways to enter for The Mom 100 cookbook by Katie Workman! Have more chances by following #SundaySupper on TWITTER! See below!****
Katie Workman will be joining us to answer questions, give tips and inspire at 5:30 pm EST on Twitter!!!!! You don’t want to miss this week’s #SundaySupper and these fabulous recipes! All you have to do is follow our hashtag #SundaySupper and you’re in! We will be giving MORE cookbooks so be sure to be there for this hour of fun!
- Soups and Salads:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup served in Bread Bowls ~ Daily Dish Recipes
- Main Dish Recipes:
- Caribbean Warm Spice Chicken with Cinnamon Ginger & Paprika ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole ~ The Meltaways
- Pulled Pork ~ Momma’s Meals
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Teriyaki Skewers ~ Messy Baker Blog
- Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken ~ Family Foodie
- Sauteed Corn Spinach, Bacon and Scallions ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce~ Meal Planning Magic
- One Pot Arroz con Pollo ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Sesame Noodles ~ Big Bear’s Wife
- Honey Ginger Soy Chicken ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares ~Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Rum laced Fudgy One Pot Brownies ~ Baker Street
- Bacon & Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes ~ Basic and Delicious
- Simple Vanilla Cake ~ Mrs. Mama Hen
- Aaron E’s Favorite Apple Coffee Cake ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Wine Pairing to complement our recipes ~ ENOFYLZ
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook: